Yes, I’m about 33 days behind on this “2016 goal” mumbo jumbo. But here’s the deal – didn’t know what my goals were until I knew how 2016 was going to start out! Oooobviously “be skinny”, “lose weight”, “don’t eat Taco Bell 2 times a week” are at the top of the list but there is more to it. After thinking about I’ve come up with a list. Yes, it’s totally a 20 somethings list because I’m gonna milk that line till the last moment possible but for real we all need to remember we are only in a our 20’s once… let’s not fret about the $20 dinner.
- Read more! Thinking of these –
- Put my phone down in public
- TRAVEL! (I didn’t go on a single vacation last year…)
- DIY more and actually follow through with it
- Do more stuff outside
- Make this little ole blog into something amazing
- Less chit chat throughout the day
- Don’t sweat the small stuff
- Leave work at work, don’t bring it home
- Quit bitching, complaining, venting
- Get that f***ing promotion!
- Try a different Pinterest recipe at least 4 times a month
- Fully complete the spare bedroom & closet room
- More crafts, crafts, crafts
- Go to Ikea!!!!
- Put away something into savings every 2 weeks (can be 5 bucks)
- Pay down credit card & pay off store cards
- By end of the year have another “points” credit card
- Do the Kayla Itsines workout ALL THE WAY THROUGH
- Eat less dairy (this is so, so hard already)
- Less going out to eat, more eating at home
- Try organic options (even though they cost more and it kills me inside)
- Try a new workout class
- Workout 4 days a week
Some of these seem stupid or easy but my goal is to actually stick to it for the whole year. Some are general but I need to start somewhere! It actually feels great to write these goals down. After reading Cupcakes & Cashmere the other day, she linked to this amazing article that I can’t get out of my head. I highly suggest reading it, especially if you are in your 20s like me. It made me feel a bit better about my financial state and made me realize I’m not the only one… YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE! We all probably need to stop fretting about the small stuff and treat your self to the manicure or to a few drinks out. It will make you feel so much better.
I’m most excited for reading more. It hit me today that I need to read a book and I need to read a book to get motivated and out of this bitchy rut I feel like I’m in. Some of it is good stuff because if I wasn’t bitching about something then I think something would be wrong. That would mean everything is too perfect and let’s not lie to ourselves… it ain’t perfect (especially all you bloggers out there showing off your perfect, catalog looking homes) Anyway, I hate to admit this but I haven’t read a book in full in years. Probably since college and I probably spark noted it or watched the relatable movie lol. I want to switch it up and read before bed instead of cruising my phone apps. We will see how it goes.
I’m also feeling motivated to start doing a Motivation Monday series! My friend Brook has been doing them and even if it’s just a post of pictures, it give me that little extra pop of motivation for the day/week. So stay tuned next Monday for the first one 🙂
Just remember to write your goals down and celebrate when you cross one off. I know I need to it and I know I’m really excited to do it!